Nursing Job in Cumberland, Kentucky : KY 40823
Looking for Nursing Jobs? See currently available Nursing job openings on nursing.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
nursing.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any nursing job . We provide job resources for Nursing positions throughout the industry. nursing.jobs.net also provides Nursing jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Nursing by either city or state.
nursing.jobs.net is a nursing job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Nursing jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your nursing job search on nursing.jobs.net today.
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Cna Job Description
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION:
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide routine nursing care in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as may be delegated by the RN / LPN Hall Nurse, Director of Nursing, or Administrator, to assure that an acceptable degree of quality resident care can be maintained.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform.
Even though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline as complete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other related duties and activities.
- Receive assignments and check your resident schedule
- Report on and off duty
- Perform assigned duties in accordance with our established policies and procedures, nursing care procedures, and our safety rules and regulations
- Verify the identification of a resident before administering care, serving food, etc. to assure that appropriate care, etc. is being provided to the correct resident
- Carry out designated care tasks as delegated by the licensed nurse and within the approved allowed NA-II tasks by the Board of Nursing and as designated by the facility
- Assist residents with dental and mouth care
- Assist residents with identifying food arrangements (i.e. informing blind residents of where food is located on the tray)
- Assist with trays and feeding of residents. Remove trays when finished
- Perform after-meal care as required (cleaning residents’ hands, face, clothing, etc.)
- Assist in preparing residents for meals (taking to/from dining room, serving trays, placing bibs, assisting in feeding or cutting foods, supervision in dining room, etc.)
- Assure that resident’s food is accessible and self-help devices are available as needed
- Record residents’ food intake as directed
- Feed residents who cannot feed themselves
- Serve extra nourishment in accordance with established nursing care procedures
- Serve drinking water as required. Assure that water pitchers are cleaned and filled with fresh drinking water daily
- Bathe residents as assigned and in accordance with our established nursing care procedures (encourage showers and other self-help measures/activities)
- Dress residents neatly and in their own clothing. Assist residents in dressing as necessary
- Comb and brush resident’s hair daily. Shampoo as instructed
- Clip and trim toenails, fingernails, eyebrows, etc. as directed
- Shave male residents daily or as instructed
- Observe and report to the licensed nurse the presence of pressure areas to prevent pressure ulcers
- Assist residents to/from bathroom. Offer bedfast residents bedpans, urinals, portable toilet, etc. Clean and store such equipment AFTER EACH USE (report intake/output as directed)
- Keep incontinent residents clean and dry as possible. Change bed linens and clothing as often as necessary
- Prepare and give enemas and report results to the licensed nurse as directed
- Collect specimens, stools, sputum, etc. as directed
- Make beds, clean bedside tables, clean bedrails, etc. as well as other housekeeping duties that relate to nursing care procedures
- Assist residents in preparing for tests, x-rays, therapy, activities, physician visits, religious services, etc. to include transporting residents to/from such activities
- Move and turn bedfast residents as directed
- Apply physical restraints to resident in chair/bed as directed by licensed nurse. Assure residents are loosened in accordance with established policies
- Assist residents into chairs, beds, bathroom, bathtubs, showers, etc.
- Report all complaints to the licensed nurse
- Assist residents to walk with or without self-help devices as necessary
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as directed
- Report any resident leaving the premises, or who has left the premises, to the licensed nurse immediately
- Assure that nurses call system is attached to the bed when residents are bedfast and within easy reach
- Assist others in heavy lifting. USE PROPER EQUIPMENT. Wear and use gait belt
- Answer resident calls promptly
- Report any resident abuse immediately to the licensed nurse (i.e. harsh/abusive language, unnecessary roughness, etc.)
- Report any medication found in the resident’s room. Take it to the nurse as directed
- Wash hands after caring for each resident
- Follow infection control procedures, as established by the facility, when isolation techniques are necessary
- Ensure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, & civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are followed at all times
- Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected
- Report all accidents/incidents, regardless of how minor, to the licensed nurse as soon as possible
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the licensed nurse immediately
- Attend and participate in inservice educational programs, on-the-job training programs, etc. as directed v Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and equipment, supplies, etc. are properly stored before leaving such areas on breaks, end of work day, etc.
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as delegated by the RN/LPN hall nurse, administrative nursing, or Administrator
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated work areas, as well as throughout the nursing service areas
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Involved with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, etc. under all conditions/ circumstances
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc
- Communicates with nursing personnel and other department supervisors
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs as directed
- Follow all of our established policies and procedures to include nursing care procedures, safety regulations, personnel policies, etc. to assure that quality resident care can be maintained
- The facility will make reasonable accommodations that will allow an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position
Cumberland Nursing Job
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Cna Job Requirements
Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Current listing as an NA-II with the Board of Nursing
- Current listing as an NA-I with the Division of Health Service Regulation Health Care Personnel Registry with no substantiated findings
- Must possess a sincere desire to serve the ill, aged, and infirmed
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner
- Possess the ability to make decisions under the direction/delegation of the licensed nurse when circumstances warrant such action
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public
- Willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must function under the direction of the licensed nurse, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel, and support agencies
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times, hostile people within the facility
- Will be required to lift residents, medical equipment, supplies, etc.
(List any requirement[s] not outlined within this summary that will be necessary for fulfilling the requirements of this position):
- Be checked off and competent in all skills required to be a Nurse Aide II
- Be checked off and competent in all skills required to be NA-I
As an employee, I understand that I am required to report any perceived hazard immediately to my supervisor or the company’s Loss Prevention Department upon discovery. In addition I understand that I am required to report any injury I receive on the job immediately to my supervisor.
I have read the job description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position of NURSE ASSISTANT II and agree to abide by the requirements set forth and will perform all duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability.