Nursing Job in Newark, Delaware : DE
Looking for Nursing Jobs? See currently available Nursing job openings on nursing.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
nursing.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any nursing job . We provide job resources for Nursing positions throughout the industry. nursing.jobs.net also provides Nursing jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Nursing by either city or state.
nursing.jobs.net is a nursing job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Nursing jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your nursing job search on nursing.jobs.net today.
Rn / Lpn Charge Nurse
Rn / Lpn Charge Nurse Job Description
As a RN Charge Nurse, you will be responsible for the caseload for your assigned shift, and for the total care given to the residents in your charge, who will include post-acute patients, patients with complex medical conditions and needs and long-term care patients. You will gather information on each resident's condition and will work with the nursing team to continuously evaluate their individual care plan. You will also oversee the staff of nursing assistants on your assigned shift and gather information from them concerning their observations of the residents and any changes in their conditions.
• Providing residents with
a positive and family-focused environment
• Ensuring that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity and respect
• Communicating changes in resident care needs to your team
• Examining residents who are experiencing a change in condition and updating their physician to determine the best course of action
• Updating resident care documentation regularly throughout your shift
• Carrying out restorative and rehabilitative programs, to include self-help and care
• Communicating with physicians and rehab team to ensure that all changes in the care plans for each day are clearly understood
• Gathering lab data
• Obtaining sputum, urine and other specimens for lab tests as ordered
• Advising family members of changes in resident conditions
• Addressing and working to resolve any complaints from residents or family members
• Maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information
• Interacting with residents and family members in an empathetic, tactful and reassuring manner
• Working with your team to plan for resident admission, transfer and discharge
• Attending care plan meetings to identify particular problems and to make the appropriate changes to individual care plans
• Participating in in-service and continuing education programs
Newark Nursing Job
Rn / Lpn Charge Nurse Job Requirements
As a RN Charge
Nurse, you must have a positive and empathetic personality as well as strong
team leadership and delegation skills. You must also be highly organized and
detail-oriented with solid critical-thinking and independent problem-solving
skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written
communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to deal tactfully
with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel and the general public
• Must possess, as a minimum, a nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of approved RN program
• 1 year med/surg experience, or long term care experience preferred
• Empathetic and service-oriented personality
• Excellent time-management and prioritization abilities
• Knowledge of state & federal regulations that apply to our facility (including Medicare) and ability to maintain compliance.
• Knowledge of resident rights
• Knowledge of documentation requirement for managing skilled care
• Electronic medical record experience a plus