Nursing Job in Decatur, Illinois : IL
Looking for Nursing Jobs? See currently available Nursing job openings on nursing.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
nursing.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any nursing job . We provide job resources for Nursing positions throughout the industry. nursing.jobs.net also provides Nursing jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Nursing by either city or state.
nursing.jobs.net is a nursing job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Nursing jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your nursing job search on nursing.jobs.net today.
Rn & Lpn Nursing Supervisor
Rn & Lpn Nursing Supervisor Job DescriptionOverview
Fair Havens Christian Home-Christian Horizons (CH) has grown from one nursing home over 50 years ago to one of the largest faith-based not-for-profits in the country with 13 communities across 4 states. The CH family of ministries also includes Senior Care Pharmacy, CareLink nurse-guided care and Safe Haven Hospice. Experience a new pathway to senior living – a future in which older adults thrive.
We offer a place to live your faith, a place to grow and be valued. As a faith-based organization, we strive to provide resident-centered, cost-effective health care programs and services to each and every resident in our community.
We are seeking a Nursing Supervisor – RN/LPN to supervise and coordinate the nursing staff to ensure the highest quality of care is met directly and individually to each Resident in compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate requirements.
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical NurseResponsibilities
- Direct and lead the day-to-day functions of the nursing personnel.
- Supervise nursing assistants on shift in documentation and work assignments.
- Have direct responsibility for all nursing care delivered in shift.
- Participate in change of shift reports.
- Act as liaison between the physician, family, and other departments in the community.
- Participate in the hiring, discipline, and performance evaluations of staff, understanding that final authority belongs to the Director of Nursing.
- Assist in the evaluation and assessment of newly admitted Residents.
- Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each Resident by consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their care.
- Maintain current informative clinical records based on current standards of practice and regulations.
- Participate in developing, planning, conducting, and scheduling in-service training classes to help ensure a well-educated nursing staff.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in the profession.
- Consistently work cooperatively with Residents, staff, volunteers, and families to ensure Residents are receiving the best quality care.
- Assume responsibility for department compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate regulations.
- Assist in orientation for new employees to their duties according to the corporate guidelines.
- Organize and maintain all records necessary, following corporate policies and procedures.
- Supervise proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal procedures in accordance with community policies.
- Demonstrate consistent management of staff and resources.
- Follow all written and oral directions given by supervisor.
- Participate in all in-services and activities as required.
- Use proper equipment and techniques to ensure safety of self, Residents, volunteers, visitors, and staff.
- Observe all community policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, Residents’ rights, and those contained in the employee handbook.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an incidental disclosure.
- Apply the Minimum Necessary Standard in all matters related to Residents’ protected health information.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing required.
- Current license with the state as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in good standing required.
- CPR Certification required.
- Able to follow and give written and oral directions.
- Demonstrate dependability, cooperation, and interest in the care of the elderly.
- Display leadership qualities, good communication skills, and a desire to continuously learn.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with personnel, Residents, families, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Pass background check before and during employment, as defined by Christian Horizons’ background check policy, with no disqualifications by committing or attempting to commit one or more of the offenses defined within.
Post to CareerBuilder#CB
Decatur Nursing Job