Nursing Job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma : OK 73104
Looking for Nursing Jobs? See currently available Nursing job openings on nursing.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
nursing.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any nursing job . We provide job resources for Nursing positions throughout the industry. nursing.jobs.net also provides Nursing jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Nursing by either city or state.
nursing.jobs.net is a nursing job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Nursing jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your nursing job search on nursing.jobs.net today.
OU Health Physicians
1200 Children's Avenue
Staff Registered Nurse - Pediatrics Pulmonary & Cystic Fibrosis Clinic Job Description
OU Physicians is Oklahoma's largest physician group and encompasses almost every adult and child specialty.
This position is located in the OU Health Children's Physicians Pulmonary & Cystic Fibrosis Clinic.
POSITION INFORMATION: Performs professional nursing duties such as physician assistance, sample collection, information gathering, patient follow-up, data collection, medication administration, collaboration, patient education, emergency response, patient preparation, and sedation.
- Physician Assistance . Assists physician during the examination as needed. Ensures that all information is available to the physician.
- Sample Collection . Collects samples from patients including blood, urine, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment.
- Information Gathering . Takes and records various readings such as heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, body temperature, etc.
- Patient Follow Up . Makes follow up patient appointments, or follows up on patient appointments. Answers routine questions from patients, family, etc.
- Data Collection . Collects all laboratory reports, data, and records.
- Medication Administration. Under direction of physician or other medical personnel, administers medication to patients.
- Collaboration. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to provide efficient quality patient care.
- Patient Education. Provides educational information to patients, family, etc.
- Emergency Response. Responds to and intervenes in emergency situations such as anaphylaxis, hypoglycemia, hypotension, hemorrhage, respiratory distress, etc.
- Personnel Supervision. Directs and evaluates the work of some personnel that may include Clinic Clerks, Medical Assistants, and other Nurses. Acts as a lead employee when work performed requires little or no direct supervision.
- Patient Preparation. Prepares patient for examination by having charts ready, etc.
- Sedation. Assists with conscious sedation of patients.
- As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Certifications/ Licenses: State of Oklahoma Registered Nurse license or ability to obtain the licensure within 90 days of employment in this position, BLS, and CPR certification
Equivalency: Will accept an Associate's Degree in Nursing and 24 months nursing experience in lieu of the Bachelor's Degree
Oklahoma City Nursing Job
Apply to this Oklahoma City Nursing Job
Staff Registered Nurse - Pediatrics Pulmonary & Cystic Fibrosis Clinic Job Requirements
- Provide nursing care for patients
- Identify patient care priorities which result in quality nursing care
- Placed in the charge nurse role
- Changing patient care and unit situations
- Develop an appropriate nursing care plan
- Plan patient transitional care needs
- Provide residents with quality nursing care
- Develop care plans for assigned patients
- Provide quality care to assigned patients
- Precept or perform relief charge nurse duties
- Provide comfort and support for post-operative patients
- Provide nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures
- Assign and direct the patient care provided by ancillary nursing staff
- Collaborate and coordinate patient care with other health care providers and hospital staff
- Perform as a professional nurse in the area of patient care and education
- Coordinate the nursing care for patients by assessing, planning
- Note the individual patient's response to nursing care defined in the nursing care plan and medical records
- Perform nursing assessment on all new patients
- Perform nursing assessments on all new patients
- Direct patient support team members